Streaming services in the 70’s used AM/FM radio frequencies to send music to those listening at home or in the car. Radio stations prominently played two songs from Pink Floyd’s album The Dark Side of the Moon[i]: “Money” and “Time.”
Financial planning looks for the best use of assets (including MONEY) in consideration of your current and future goals in life (TIME).
Even though the songs seem melancholy and may express negative emotions on wealth and perhaps helplessness on the march of time, there are lessons to reflect on.
Do these thoughts resonate with you? (inspired from “Time;[ii]” lyrics in quotes):
· Stop procrastinating – don’t “waste the hours in an offhand way.”
· Planning – it takes initiative. Stop waiting for “someone or something to show you the way!”
· Timing – the best time to plant a tree is yesterday. The next best time is today. Don’t fret if “you missed the starting gun.”
· Now is the time to plan – don’t use the excuse that “you never seem to find the time.”
· Execution – you must follow-through. Don’t let your “plans come to naught.”
Take action today – make an appointment with me to discuss your plans. I would like to help.